Monday 7 December 2015

The end of television

File:Early portable tv.jpg
photo: Hana Kirana
This is a brief post today as I decided to get all of my end of the year paperwork done and delivered in a single day and that required going all over town and I have just limped home at 4 p.m. (I have a foot injury that is taking its time to heal). While I was out, I dropped off my TV modem at the cable company and cancelled my TV service. I had not watched TV in about a year so there seemed little point in continuing to pay for the service. Sometime in the new year, the TV set itself, along with my DVD player, VCR and two or three old and defunct computers will get recycled together with any other antique electronics I might have stashed in the back of some cupboard. Tonight, I plan to watch Netflix and perhaps read an eBook. Perhaps some time in the future, my bookshelves will vanish too. What am I going to do with all of that space?

Tomorrow, Schopenhauer and the postmodern.


John's Coydog Community page

No comments:

Post a Comment